Saturday 18 July 2015

Beat the queue

(2015)

At the touch of a button…

At Tunbridge Wells library, on Sunday, 14 June 2015 (at about 11:45) I borrowed three DVDs - it was three-for-two day (see: 14-06-2015).

Since the self-service kiosks are not programmed to process such offers, I approached a member of staff to save time. She told me I should use the kiosk and that she would reduce the payment, as necessary, herself. I did so.

She then asked for my Library Card which meant processing my card twice for a single transaction - something I always avoided in the past by not using the kiosks for special offers.

This is all rather a waste of time, despite library posters declaring:

  • Beat the queue
  • At the touch of a button, you can check it out, return it or renew it.
  • Staff will be able to show you how.

Could not these special offers be programmed into the self-service kiosks or, easier, could not staff - as they have done in the past - simply handle such transactions themselves; cutting-out the kiosks entirely and saving customers’ time?

Regards,



D022317344


This e-mail & any attachments are confidential: Intended only for the individual(s) addressed.
If you are not an intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and accept this apology for sending it you in error.

No comments:

Post a Comment